The last few days has brought plenty of action and drama for Colossal’s clients in particular in the third-round of the FA Cup.
Alex’s Liverpool continued their dominance of the Merseyside derby, coming on in the second half of the 1-0 victory at Anfield on Sunday. Meanwhile, Marvin’s valuable contribution to his team’s efforts was crucial in earning a replay against Tottenham Hotspur.
All will be revealed in this latest edition of the weekend review:
Total Appearances: 5
Total Minutes Played (Normal Time): 407
Player of the Week: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Alex returned from injury as young Liverpool side beat Everton 1-0 at home
- The deadlock was broken within a minute of Alex’s 70th minute substitution
- Alex completed 92% of his passes in his team’s Merseyside derby victory
After suffering an ankle injury a fortnight ago in the 1-0 Club World Cup final win over Flamengo, the England international came back in style to aid Liverpool’s progression to the fourth-round of the FA Cup, defeating local rivals Everton at Anfield on Sunday.
The midfielder’s second-half appearance sparked an instant reaction from Liverpool, as Curtis Jones’ arrowed his strike from outside the box just a minute after Alex’s substitution.
Alex’s cameo also included a spirited run with the ball, beating two players before a drilled shot was well-saved as the 26-year-old brought plenty of flair late on in the derby.
Cody Drameh & Martell Taylor-Crossdale
- Cody and Martell played the full 90 minutes in Fulham U23s 3-0 loss to Newcastle
- Cody started in his natural right-back position with Martell in the number 10 role
- Cody and Martell have combined to make 25 Premier League 2 appearances
Despite suffering a 3-0 defeat away to Newcastle, Cody and Martell continued to make their presence felt for Fulham’s U23s as the duo played the entirety of Friday afternoon’s clash.
Both players have been regulars for the Development Squad side, who are currently ninth in the Premier League 2 Division Two table – six points off the play-off places.
Whilst Cody and his fellow defenders were unfortunate to concede three goals with two strikes coming late on in the clash, Martell combined with his teammates nicely playing in a deeper position at number 10 instead of being upfront.
- Kasey started in Bristol City’s 1-1 draw hosting Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup
- The centre midfielder has made 20 appearances for the Robins this season
- Kasey’s side will have to battle through a replay fixture on the 14th January
Kasey made his return to the Bristol City side, playing in his natural midfield position as Saturday’s hosts were held to a 1-1 draw by League One outfit Shrewsbury.
The former Chelsea talent had a great chance to open the scoring for City as his effort from inside the box went agonisingly wide of the target.
Kasey will be hoping to make his 50th start of his senior career on Saturday as the Robins travel to Wigan Athletic in the Championship.
- Marvin came on in the 67th minute as Middlesbrough earnt a replay vs Tottenham
- The Englishman helped Boro secure a 1-1 home draw, continuing his inspiring form
- Marvin has been a valuable asset as a left-wing-back to the Championship side
Marvin made a timely appearance in Sunday’s FA Cup clash against Tottenham Hotspur, securing a replay against the Champions League finalists.
Entering the encounter at left-wing-back, Marvin was vital to his team frustrating the favourites after Spurs had found the equaliser 10 minutes before his substitution.
Marvin has now featured in seven consecutive games for Boro – with his team extending their current unbeaten run to five matches.