In another pulsating weekend of match action for Colossal’s talents, there were several talking points to be examined from the past few days.
Cody played another instrumental role in maintaining Fulham U18s status at the top of the Premier League South table on goal difference ahead of rivals Chelsea, completing the full 90 minutes in a 3-1 win at Southampton.
Meanwhile, Marvin returned to Middlesbrough’s line-up, playing the entirety of his match-up in the 1-0 defeat away to Barnsley on Saturday.
Here is a full rundown of our player’s latest game involvement:
Total Appearances: 3
Total Minutes Played (Normal Time): 198
Player of the Week: Cody Drameh
- Cody played the entirety of Fulham U18s 3-1 away win vs Southampton
- Cody went close to grabbing an assist in the victory in the south-coast
- The U18 Cottagers remain Premier League South leaders on goal difference
Cody helped Fulham’s U18s to a monumental 3-1 victory away from home, completing 90 minutes in a comfortable result against Southampton at Staplewood.
18-year-old Cody, who has earned 19 appearances for the U23s this season, has also played a regular role for the U18s in the current campaign as the club’s rising star at both right-back and left-back.
Cody showed his robustness in almost helping Fulham to a clean sheet before Southampton’s consolation in the 85th minute and was denied an assist as teammate Jay Stansfield couldn’t latch onto the Englishman’s enticing cross.
- Kasey came on in the 72nd minute of 3-0 defeat at West Brom on Saturday
- The loss was Kasey’s 10th substitute appearance for Bristol City this season
- The Robins are still seventh in the Championship, three-points from play-offs
Kasey made back-to-back appearances for Bristol City on Saturday afternoon as Championship leaders West Brom came home with a 3-0 win at the Hawthorns.
Kasey has been a reliable source for the Robins in recent games bring fresh enthusiasm and energy off the bench. With the Baggies 2-0 up when Kasey was brought on substitution, the two-time FA Youth Cup winner sadly wasn’t left with much time to make an impact.
Kasey’s understated role for the Premier League promotion hopefuls will be key with just 12 league games remaining this season.
- Marvin completed the full 90 minutes of Middlesbrough’s 1-0 loss at Barnsley
- Marvin played in his regular left-wing-back spot for Boro on Saturday afternoon
- The defeat means Marvin’s side are now 20th in the Championship table
Marvin maintained his customary left-wing-back role for Middlesbrough in the Teesiders 1-0 defeat at the hands of Barnsley at Oakwell on Saturday.
Despite his team falling to a 73rd minute strike from Conor Chaplin, Marvin can be proud of his own individual performance creating a great balance in attack and defence out wide with three successful dribbles and as many aerial duels won in the encounter.
Marvin and his teammates will have the chance to turn things around quickly in midweek football as Boro host Leeds United at the Riverside on Wednesday night.