Colossal’s talents continued their match action for the new year with crucial points up for grabs for our players’ respective sides.
Chelsea prodigy Tariq Uwakwe was influential in his team’s vital win over Manchester City’s U23s in netting his second goal of the season.
Meanwhile, Alex and his Liverpool side continued to break records with an unassailable 14-point cushion at the top of the Premier League table.
All of our client’s game involvement will be summarised in the latest weekend review:
Total Appearances: 4
Total Minutes Played (Normal Time): 318
Player of the Week: Tariq Uwakwe
- Tariq scored in Chelsea U23s 2-1 win against Manchester City in Aldershot
- Tariq’s strike on Saturday was his second goal of the season for the midfielder
- The 20-year-old has recently recovered from an injury suffered in September
Tariq demonstrated his flair along with his goalscoring exploits against Manchester City’s U23s as Chelsea U23s defeated the away side 2-1 at the EBB Stadium on Saturday.
The versatile midfielder’s second goal of the season completed a fantastic passing move from the young Blues as Tariq broke the deadlock with just 12 minutes played.
As Chelsea went onto edge the visitors in the second-half, Tariq’s side have now jumped up to the top of the Premier League 2 table.
- Alex played an hour of Liverpool’s 1-0 victory at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday
- The energetic midfielder hit the woodwork in the second minute of the encounter
- Alex’s Liverpool have now accumulated a record-breaking 61 points in 21 games
Alex has featured in the best start by any club in any of Europe’s top five leagues after 21 games as Liverpool’s 1-0 away win against Tottenham, sees the unbeaten Liverpool already on 61 points in the Premier League.
The midfielder played a significant role in Liverpool’s control of the clash in north-London and within two minutes, Alex was unlucky to strike the post as it was Roberto Firmino’s strike later in the first-half that earned the Reds another three points.
Since returning from an ankle injury in the Club World Cup final triumph over Flamengo, Alex has now appeared in back-to-back games for Liverpool, after coming on in the club’s FA Cup third-round victory over rivals Everton at Anfield just over a week ago.
Cody Drameh & Martell Taylor-Crossdale
- Cody and Martell both completed the entirety of Fulham U23s’ 2-0 loss to Stoke
- It’s the second consecutive game that the talented duo have played the full 90
- Cody played in his natural right-back spot whilst Martell was used as a number 10
It was back-to-back games for Cody and Martell in playing the entirety of Fulham’s Development Squad’s encounters despite a 2-0 defeat to Stoke City at Craven Cottage.
Whilst Cody has been unchanged in the right-back spot for the U23 Cottagers, Martell has been utilised as an attacking midfielder, playing behind his natural centre-forward position.
Despite Martell being in the thick of the action, the former Chelsea talent was unfortunate not to add to his goalscoring tally with two chances in the loss that sees Fulham now 10th in the Premier League 2 Division Two table.