Colossal’s talents were once again involved in vital matches this season as our players headed into December having gained even more match action in the last week.
There were further twists in the title race as Raheem’s goal came to no avail with Manchester City dropping points away in a 2-2 draw at Newcastle whilst Alex started in Liverpool’s 2-1 win over Brighton.
Meanwhile, David’s Crawley Town fell at the second-round hurdle in a 2-1 FA Cup home defeat to Fleetwood Town.
All will be revealed in this latest edition of the weekend review:
Total Appearances: 3
Total Minutes Played (Normal Time): 236
Player of the Week: Raheem Sterling
- Raheem scored his 15th goal of the campaign in Man City’s 2-2 draw at Newcastle
- The result however sees the English champions 11 points behind leaders Liverpool
- No Premier League player has netted more than Raheem in all competitions this season
Raheem etched his name back on the scoresheet on Saturday midday after striking the opener in Manchester City’s 2-2 draw away to Newcastle.
This year’s Ballon d’Or and Sports Personality of the Year nominee has been in electric form in front of goal, with 20 goal contributions this season across all competitions.
With the fixtures piling up for Man City in this congested part of the campaign, Raheem’s positive influence will be crucial in his side’s success for the upcoming months.
- Alex played 78 minutes of Liverpool’s decisive 2-1 victory at home to Brighton
- The England international completed 81% of his passes in the win at Anfield
- Alex featured for the seventh successive game for Liverpool on Saturday
Alex played a pivotal role in Liverpool’s gutsy 2-1 win over Brighton at Anfield as the Champions League winners maintained their eight-point gap at the top of the Premier League.
Whilst Alex is known for his attacking flair from midfield, it was the England international’s defensive qualities that got his team over the line, completing the most interceptions (5) in the encounter against the Seagulls.
Saturday’s match was also the first time Alex has started in back-to-back Premier League games since his return from the major injury which kept him out for almost all of last season. The 26-year-old had got his name on the team sheet in the Reds’ previous league match in the 2-1 victory at Crystal Palace last week.
- David completed 68 minutes of Crawley’s 2-1 FA Cup defeat to Fleetwood
- David played in his fifth domestic tournament match of the season on Sunday
- The full-back has started in 18 of his 22 appearances for Crawley this season
David was involved in another exciting knockout competition contest on Sunday as Crawley Town succumbed to a 2-1 FA Cup loss at the hands of League One outfit Fleetwood Town.
Despite Crawley’s struggle for wins, the match at the People’s Pension Stadium was David’s fifth successive start of the campaign – rotating at both right-back and left-back.
In his first full season involved in the Red Devils’ first-team, David has played an integral role for his side with the large amount of game time he’s received being crucial to his development and experience moving forward.